Exam certificates for exams taken up to Summer 2019 can be collected from 26th November 2019.
Current students can collect from the Exams Office during the school day.
Students who have now left the college will need to call at least 24 hours ahead of collection so that the certificates can be forwarded to reception.
Telephone 0116 2879921 xtn 274
2019 – 20 MOCK EXAMS WEEKS
- Year 11 25th November – 6th December 2019
- Year 13 25th – 29th November 2019
- Year 12 4th – 7th May 2020
- Year 10 15th – 26th June 2020
2019 – 20 MOCK EXAMS RESULTS DAYS
- Year 13’s will have their results shared with them before Christmas
- Year 11 15th January 2020 (NB: change of date – was originally the 9th January)
CONTINGENCY EXAM DAY
For the summer 2020 exam series a ‘contingency’ exam day has been arranged by the examination awarding bodies which all students need to be aware of.
This contingency day for all examinations has been put in place “in the event of widespread, sustained national or local disruption to examinations during the June 2020 examination series”.
The decision comes following the tragic events of summer 2017, namely the Manchester attack and the Grenfell Tower fire. The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) have decided that they need the option to postpone an exam in the event of an incident and rearrange for a later date, to allow all students a fair and equal chance.
The date that has been set aside as the contingency day is Wednesday 24 June 2020. This means that all exam candidates must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until Wednesday 24 June 2020. This decision is not a school decision and applies to all students in all schools. Please can all parents and carers make a note of the new contingency exam date, in the event that an awarding body needs to invoke its contingency plan.
Information for candidates using social media and examinations/assessments
– a document has been written by JCQ to help students stay within examination regulations. Please read this information carefully – CLICK HERE to view this document.