|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
|Year 11||5. Food Provenance: |
- 3.6.1 Environmental impact and sustainability of food
- 3.6.2 Food processing and production
Exam Board set task
NEA 1 – Food investigation (15%):
- Students write a report on their understanding of the scientific principles that underpin the preparation and cooking of food.
- To be completed by the end of December.
|- Review of all areas covered. |
- Exam board set task
- NEA 2 Food preparation assessment (35%):
- Students will plan, prepare, cook and present a three course menu within 3 hours.
|NEA 2 Food preparation assessment (35%):
- Students will plan, prepare, cook and present a three course menu within 3 hours. Completed by Easter.
Revision vision for all areas Paper 1: Food preparation and nutrition (35%)
- Theoretical knowledge of food preparation and
nutrition from Sections 1 to 5.
- Written exam: 1 hour 45 minutes
100 marks; 50% of GCSE