Welcome to the SEND team!
At Brookvale Groby Learning Campus (BGLC) we have a dedicated team of staff supporting the achievement, progress and well-being of our SEND students. Our team is jointly led by SENCos Michelle Tointon and Sue Varnam, who are supported by Assistant SENCOs Kay Pratt and Beth Tointon. We work closely together with the pastoral team and all staff on the campus to ensure that our students are happy at school, making progress and achieving the best outcomes possible.
As a team, we are responsible for:
- Liaising with students and parents to plan for the best possible outcomes for our students both socially and academically
- Liaising with schools and outside agencies to ensure that we have an excellent knowledge of our students and their needs
- Planning, updating and implementing the SEND strategy across the campus
- Delivering appropriate training for all staff on the campus
- Tracking data and monitoring progress
- Planning, delivering and monitoring the impact of interventions
- Deploying the funding we receive in a way that most benefits our students
- Working with faculty leaders to ensure that the curriculum is accessible and differentiated appropriately to all
If you have any questions about SEND at BGLC, please do not hesitate to contact either of the Campus SENCO’s: